Personally Identifiable Information
- When a person subscribes to this service, they will be required to provide the following personally identifiable information via an online form or a form communicated by email: first and surname, company name, company address, company phone number, individual's email address, Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian Financial Service Licence number (AFSL).
- Personally identifiable information given is used only in the operation of providing the services the user has subscribed to access and receiving operational information and associated marketing material from FWA. The details are held on a secure server accessible only by authorised representatives of the company.
Client database for Newsletter Service
- As part of our Newsletter Management Service, we will require the subscriber's database for distribution of their newsletter. This database is required only for this purpose and after uploading to the MailChimp program, the database is deleted from our records.
- We will at times request feedback (testimonials) from subscribers to use in the marketing of the library service. If the subscriber wishes to keep their identity confidential, we will not disclose these details in our marketing. The comments will be attributed to a vague description. Providing feedback is entirely voluntary.
- We will record the contact details of a person who requests and receives information about its services to assist FWA authorised representatives to make future contact. This contact can include phone calls, emailed communication or material sent via post. Any person who does not want future contact, can advise us by return email, phoning 1300 654 353 or writing to us at the address below and their details will be removed immediately.
- A 'cookie' is a small file supplied by our web server and stored by the web browser software on your computer when you access this site.
- FWA uses ‘cookies’ for maintaining contact with a user during a website session. Cookies allow the website to recognise you as an individual as you move from one of our web pages to another and to register your article downloads.
- Depending on your own browser settings, all cookies can be immediately cleared when you end your internet session.
- When a user logs into this service, the username will be registered in an administration log held securely on the website. All download activity is also logged in the administration log to create a record for the user to know what articles they have downloaded. The log is also used by the website administrator to manage any potential misuse or abuse by users of the service offered. The log is only accessible by the authorised registered administrators of the website.
- In order to provide visitors with greater value, some of our pages may provide links to various third party websites. In no case is subscriber information provided to the third party sites. However, keep in mind that many sites do attempt to capture visitor information when you browse those sites. Once you leave our site, we are not able to alert you should another site attempt to gather information from your browser.
- This website uses a variety of security measures including encryption and authentication to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. Financial Writers Australia does NOT store any subscribers' financial records on this website. All financial transactions are done on a completely separate server owned by Ezidebit Pty Ltd. Ezidebit is Level 1 PCI Compliant, adhering to the gold standard in data security.
- You may choose to opt out of any marketing communication we send you. You can do this by using the unsubscribe function on our e-newsletters; returning an email to us requesting to be removed from further contact; or phoning our office on 1300 654 353. Upon request your details will be immediately removed. (Please note that as a subscriber, you will still receive operational updates to assist you in using the service.)
Accessing your information
- Your rights include full access to the personal information held concerning yourself. You may request a copy of this information by phoning us on 1300 6543 53 or by contacting us here.
Financial Writers Australia
ABN: 46 099 932 135
PO Box 42
Horsham VIC 3400
Phone: 1300 654 353